Rob Reiner death certificate reveals which family member got his and wife’s remains
Rob Reiner and his wife, Michele, were cremated after their brutal murder, and their remains were given to their oldest son, Jake, according to the couple’s death certificates.
The Los Angeles County Medical Examiner’s Office released the death certificates of Rob Reiner and his wife, Michele Tuesday.
The document, obtained by The Post, reveals what the public already knew — each died from “multiple sharp point injuries,” caused “with knife, from another.”
The death certificates also show that Rob and Michele were cremated at Mount Sinai Mortuary, and their final place of disposition is at the residence of their son, Jake Reiner.
Rob’s occupation is listed as actor/director/producer, and Michele’s is listed as a producer.
Rob’s death certificate has a time of death of 3:45 pm, and Michele’s is 3:46 pm — Rob’s marital status is “married” while Michele’s says “widowed.” First responders were called to the family’s home at 3:30 pm on Dec. 14, meaning the time of death is likely when they were officially pronounced dead at the scene.
As The Post reported, last week, the Examiner’s Office revealed the director of “The Princess Bride” and his wife died from “multiple sharp force injuries.”
The manner of death for both Rob and Michele was listed as homicide.
The news was revealed just hours after their son Nick Reiner made his first appearance in court since his parents’ deaths.
Nick’s lawyer, Alan Jackson, told reporters outside Los Angeles Municipal Court on Wednesday that an arraignment has been set for Jan. 7, 2026.
The Post previously reported that Rob, 78, and Michele, 70, were found stabbed to death in their Brentwood home in Los Angeles on Sunday, December 14.
Later that evening, Nick was arrested on charges of murder following the tragic deaths of his parents.
Nick, 32, was formally charged with two counts of first-degree murder with a special circumstance following a press hearing Tuesday.
“These charges will be two counts of first-degree murder with a special circumstance of multiple murders,” Los Angeles County District Attorney Nathan Hochman told reporters.
“He also faces a special allegation that he personally used a dangerous and deadly weapon, that being a knife.”
Hochman added, “These charges carry a maximum sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole or the death penalty. No decision, at this point, has been made with respect to the death penalty.”
He explained during the presser that the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office will take the “thoughts and desires of the family into consideration” regarding the death penalty if Nick is convicted.
Sources told The Post that the couple’s bodies were discovered in their Los Angeles mansion by their daughter, Romy Reiner.
Stab wounds to their throats, as well as multiple wounds throughout Rob and Michele’s bodies, were discovered.
The couple’s other shared children, Romy and Jake, released a statement on the family tragedy days later.
“Words cannot even begin to describe the unimaginable pain we are experiencing every moment of the day. The horrific and devastating loss of our parents, Rob and Michele Reiner, is something that no one should ever experience,” the siblings said.
“They weren’t just our parents; they were our best friends. We are grateful for the outpouring of condolences, kindness, and support we have received not only from family and friends but people from all walks of life.”
They concluded the statement, “We now ask for respect and privacy, for speculation to be tempered with compassion and humanity, and for our parents to be remembered for the incredible lives they lived and the love they gave.”
Nick was notably not mentioned in the statement.
Rob and Michele married in 1989 after meeting on the set of “When Harry Met Sally.” Rob also shared daughter Tracy from his previous marriage to Penny Marshall.
News
The Off-The-Record Raid: The Hidden Eco-Secrets That Forced a Prominent Professor Into the Dark Labyrinth
MALÉ, Maldives — The official narrative surrounding the deadliest diving disaster in Maldives history has completely disintegrated over the past 24 hours. What multi-million-dollar resort operators desperately tried to brand as “tourist negligence” has transformed into a high-stakes international manslaughter investigation. With the dramatic recovery of a second body from the notorious Alimathaa cave system […]
Left Behind: What a Locked GoPro in the Maldives Shares With a Haunted Truck in Florida
MALÉ, Maldives — The official narrative surrounding the deadliest diving disaster in Maldives history has completely disintegrated over the past 24 hours. What multi-million-dollar resort operators desperately tried to brand as “tourist negligence” has transformed into a high-stakes international manslaughter investigation. With the dramatic recovery of a second body from the notorious Alimathaa cave system […]
The Cylinder Deception: How Altered Gas Mixtures Became the Perfect Silent Tool in Two Global Tragedies
MALÉ, Maldives — The official narrative surrounding the deadliest diving disaster in Maldives history has completely disintegrated over the past 24 hours. What multi-million-dollar resort operators desperately tried to brand as “tourist negligence” has transformed into a high-stakes international manslaughter investigation. With the dramatic recovery of a second body from the notorious Alimathaa cave system […]
Chilling technical data reconstructs the heartbreaking final choice of a mother and daughter trapped in the abyss
Echoes in the Abyss: How a Second Body and a 15-Year-Old Florida Mystery Unmasked the Maldives Cave Tragedy MALÉ, Maldives — The official narrative surrounding the deadliest diving disaster in Maldives history has completely disintegrated over the past 24 hours. What multi-million-dollar resort operators desperately tried to brand as “tourist negligence” has transformed into a […]
Leaked text messages confirm the Italian research team launched a private deep raid to collect toxic dumping evidence
Echoes in the Abyss: How a Second Body and a 15-Year-Old Florida Mystery Unmasked the Maldives Cave Tragedy MALÉ, Maldives — The official narrative surrounding the deadliest diving disaster in Maldives history has completely disintegrated over the past 24 hours. What multi-million-dollar resort operators desperately tried to brand as “tourist negligence” has transformed into a […]
Recovered dive computer from the second victim reveals an impossible oxygen timeline that shatters the cruise defense
Echoes in the Abyss: How a Second Body and a 15-Year-Old Florida Mystery Unmasked the Maldives Cave Tragedy MALÉ, Maldives — The official narrative surrounding the deadliest diving disaster in Maldives history has completely disintegrated over the past 24 hours. What multi-million-dollar resort operators desperately tried to brand as “tourist negligence” has transformed into a […]
End of content
No more pages to load


















