Russell Kot, 51, killed six people at two different locations before taking his own life on Feb. 10
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(749x0:751x2):format(webp)/Sarasota-victims-021326-8bd50bce43454522ab816dbd27624564.jpg)
Anatoly Ioffe, Yougoclav “Stan” Blyudoy and Larisa Blyudaya (l to r).Credit : GoFundMe
The gunman who killed six people in a cross-state shooting spree on Feb. 10 before taking his own life had previously been in a relationship with one of the victims, according to police.
Russell Kot, 51, had moved from Illinois to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., in the fall of 2025, and until recently had been in a relationship with Larisa Blyudoy.
The two were also living together until they broke up at the end of 2025.
Then, on Tuesday, Feb. 10, Kot walked into Larisa’s residence and murdered her and her 18-year-old son Ben Azizov, according to the Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office.
:max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():focal(749x0:751x2):format(webp)/Sarasota-victims-021326-1-eafa9f1970164bc39fa752d36120b7e9.jpg)
He then got in his car and drove more than 200 miles to what deputies refer to as the “Fallcrest residence” in Sarasota, arriving just before noon.
That residence is the home of Larisa’s mother, Florita Stolyar.
The SCSO said that once inside, he killed Larisa’s brother, Yarolslav “Stan” Blyudoy, as well as the family’s housekeeper, Olga Greinert.
After that, Kot sent a “suicidal text message” to members of his family, according to the SCSO.
Before taking his own life, though, Kot took two more, according to the SCSO, shooting Florita and her husband Anatoly Ioffe dead when they arrived at the residence.
“A review of Kot’s cellular phone records did not reveal any apparent triggering event prior to the shootings involving Larisa or any member of her family,” the SCSO said in a statement.
There are also records indicating that Kot “had previously either stayed at the Fallcrest residence or cared for the family’s animals in the months leading up to the incident.”
After obtaining a search warrant for his car, deputies discovered two handguns, ammunition, five knives, rope, tape and an axe.
The SCSO also noted that Kot had two additional handguns with him that he took into the Fallcrest residence.
Each of the victims was shot multiple times.
A GoFundMe has now been created to help with funeral and burial costs for five of the victims.
“These were beautiful, real people who were loved fiercely. They deserved long lives with everyone that loved them so dearly,” wrote the family friend who launched the fundraiser. “If you knew any of them, or if you’re moved to do so, please consider leaving a message, memory, or kind word. Love and community matter more than ever right now.”
A Go Fund Me has also been launched to help the children of Greinert.






